Sunday, April 13, 2008

Thing 23: Beginning or End?

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey? I've really enjoyed the blogging, though I probably won't keep posting to this particular blog in any kind of regular fashion. More than my own blogging though, I've enjoyed reading the blogs of my co-workers here at NLC. I found it interesting to read their thoughts on various topics, and the fact that we were all working on the same exercises made it really feel like we were all participants in a learining community!

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals? I don't think this program has affected my lifelong learning goals in terms of changing them. It did give me a chance to formally explore some technologies I wasn't familiar with, and I liked that. Probably the part that affected me most was realizing how much I enjoyed being part of a semi-structured, semi-formal learning community.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you? Not that I can think of at the moment.

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept? I wonder if we should have decreased the number of things covered in nine weeks, or increased the number of weeks devoted to exploring the 23 things. I know I had trouble keeping up at the end, and I had some familiarity with the content of the program.

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate? Absolutely!

No comments: