I think wikis are neat, but I agree with Michael - there are situations in which wikis will work, and situations in which they might not be the best tool. Do I have a handle on which situations call for a wiki and which don't? I don't think so. And in some situations, it may come down to the people involved. Will they contribute and take advantage of the wiki's strengths?
Of the wikis I looked at, I really like the Library Success: A Best Practice Wiki. I have used it before when I was researching IM use by libraries. It is a great place to go to see what libraries are doing, and how they implement different programs/tools.
I also think the conference wiki is a great idea. What a neat way to coordinate activities with other conference attendees and make the experience richer and more rewarding. I love the way that any conference goer can add to it at any time. This makes it a real-time, dynamic resource!
No comments:
Post a Comment