I tried searching several of the podcast directories, and didn't find them that useful. There were so many podcasts listed, and when I selected a subject area to browse I just got podcast titles which didn't tell me much about them. The lists were so long I didn't want to click on each podcast name to get to more information about it to decide if I was interested. I didn't find anything of interest this way.
I had better luck going to the NPR website and clicking on their Podcast link. It took me to their Podcast Dirctory, which listed podcasts by NPR and their "partners." Here I found podcasts for lots of shows I enjoy listening to, such as Fresh Air and This American Life. This was a much more productive directory to look in!
I actually didn't subscribe to any of the podcasts listed in the NPR directory, primarily because I've done it before and I still never got around to listening to the episodes. In the case of This American Life, the podcast is only available free for a week after the original broadcast date, so if I didn't get to it within that timeframe, it was too late.
Trying to be more practical and realistic about my available time, I subscribed instead to the Grammar Girl podcast, which I knew about because a couple of my co-workers subscribe. Each of these podcasts is less than 5 minutes in length, so I might even find time to listen!
No comments:
Post a Comment